Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

On the menu today: Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, peas, biscuits, donuts

Hello my fellow foodie readers! on the menu today: presenting in the kitchen with my kids, is 2 types of chicken nuggets, regular season battered and bbq potato chip crusted, mashed potatoes, peas, biscuits and donuts for dessert. So without further ado I present to you pictures, videos and recipe.


Things you'll need:




 My son Jesse crushing the bbq chips.
 My daughter Victoria cutting up the chicken.

 The chicken dredging station, seasoned flour, 2 eggs with a splash of milk beaten, crushed bbq potato chips.

 My daughters Victoria and Sarah over at the donuts station icing them and sugaring them.


 Tada finished product!



 Finished chicken nuggets.





Recipes are simple, I cheated so nothing is from scratch today other than the chicken nuggets. I used boxed mashed potatoes, canned peas, bake n serve biscuits. The donuts were also made from bake n serve biscuits just punch a hole in the middle of the biscuit put in hot oil and fry for 15-30 seconds on each site and drain on a paper towel plate. then decorate as desired.

For the chicken nuggets: cut up some raw chicken tender strips or chicken breast cutlets into 1 inch pieces. then set up your dredging station into three bowls. 1 bowl with 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tbsp chicken seasoning and pepper to taste. then another bowl with 2 eggs and a splash of milk and beat until well blended. the last bowl will have one 5 oz. bag of crushed bbq chips or any flavor you like. then you put the chicken pieces in the flour first, then the egg, then the chips and into the frying pan on medium high heat until golden brown. I did mine 6-8 minutes on each side.








No comments:

Post a Comment